Thursday 31 July 2008

Melissa's Thumping Challenge.

Well I have to admit I read Mel's latest challenge and thought what the
......... is thumping. So I went onto Splitcoast resources page and had a look.
I thought this will be fun, then I thought, what have I got SU that I can
use for a father's day card and use to thump? Had a thought for a while
and this is what I came up with.
To start off I got the leaf stamp out of my Touch of
Nature Set and stamped it with wild wasabi ink, I
then thumped it with Chocolate Chip and Glorious
Green pens, then stamped it onto Wild Wasabi Card.
I took the oak tree from the Lovely As a Tree set,
and did the same with the Ink and pens and stamped
that onto very vanilla card, I did the same with the
leaves at the top right. I then sponged Chocolate Chip
all around the edges of the card with the tree on, then
mounted that onto Chocolate Chip and Garden Green.
I did the same with the ink and pens with the Thinking
of You stamp. I then mounted that and the leaves
on the Garden Green and Chocolate Chip and then thumped some small leaves
on the Garden Green to finish the strips off. Then to finish the whole card off
I dragged the edges of the card through the Chocolate Chip and sponged the card
off around the edges.
Well I enjoyed it so much, and I thought well I need more than one card, so I
jumped into action and made another one. I have to admit I have had this set
for months and it was still uncut and unmounted, but it was one of those sets
I just HAD to have. mmmmmmm..
I stamped the bird from Touch of Nature with Chocolate Chip ink, then I thumped
it with Glorious Green and Brilliant Blue, then stamped the image onto Very Vanilla.
I then softly shaded the birds wings with a bit of I think Ballet Blue Pastel.
On my Blue Bayou card I stamped the leaf image in exactly the same way as I did
the tree card - Wild Wasabi Ink and Thumped with Glorious Green and Chocolate
Chip Pens. The Happy Fathers Day and leaf and olives where done the same and
stamped onto River Rock. Mounted on Chocolate Chip and place in the opposite
corners of the card. The bird was then placed on Choc Chip onto Wild Wasabi and
onto Soft Sky, with Choc Chip Ribbon (yumm!!) and then pin pricked.
Mel, I gotta say that without this challenge I very much
doubt I would have tried this technique, and I loved it..
I would say it is now a technique I will use a lot.
Thanks for the challenge Mel.
Check out the link for Mel's site off to the side.

No comments: