Monday 27 October 2008

What a weekend.

Well this is what we have been dealing with for over a week now. The Power
and Water Authority were drilling bores for the community and started a fire
with a welder, then instead of letting anyone know or putting it out, they headed
off home.
We now have 2 almost 3 breeder paddocks burnt out and it's still going, and my
husband spent the weekend with Jay out fighting fires and backburning.
Poor bugger. I worked out since our season started in March he has had a total
of about 8 days off for the whole year, and that's including weekends.
I don't know how he does it.
In between fighting fires, he had to keep pulling a contractor out of a dam that
he was digging and kept getting bogged in. So I didn't see too much of him this
weekend, I think he thought he was in for a quite weekend as everyone else had
4 days off.

No comments: