Wednesday 3 March 2010

You don't know anything about fashion!

My HUSBAND is going to kill me for this post, but I just
couldn't help it, I had to do it.

Now any of you who have a 16 year old know exactly
where I am coming from. What is with the fashion these
days! The wearing of the jocks above the jeans/shorts,
the fluro shoe laces, the folding of shorts legs that weren't
meant to be folded, I could go on and on, but I won't
BECAUSE I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT
I AM TALKING ABOUT!

That is what my 16 year old reckons about both me and
his father, and his grandfather, not his grandmother, cause
he's her darling and wont admit that he looks like the
"VILLIAGE IDIOT"!
I know, I know! They all dress like that, but if I wanted
to walk down the street with a Lorikeet I would buy myself
one. But like I said before, we don't know style these days.

Now it was time for us to drive Todd back to Darwin to
put on the plane to fly back to school, so his father and
I thought it would be a good idea and very in fashion for
him to wear the revolting Harley Davidson singlet that he
bought in the States.
I think it is meant for a big bikie fella who is double the
size of John with massive arms to come out of the sides
of the singlet, and I have, after numerous doubled over
laughing sessions convinced him that it is only a good
shirt to wear around the house and there is no way
that I would be seen in public with him wearing it!

So out John comes, ready to leave for Darwin in the
below outfit. ROFL.......

The look on Todd's face was PRICELESS.

"You're not wearing that are you"?


"Yeah, why? What's the matter with it?"

"It looks weird."

"But this is the fashion for people MY AGE"

"Well, I'm not coming with you if you are
wearing that"

"OK, well you better start walking".......

Needless to say he didn't wear it to Darwin, and even though

I was rolling around on the floor laughing, and to us we were

obviously being sarcastic, the point we were trying to make

still didn't hit home, it went straight over Todd's head.

Cause we have NO IDEA

ON FASHION today!

So hopefully you all get a chuckle as I do everytime I
look at this photo, and remember if you are having
fashion trouble, just ask a 16 year old........

No comments: