This slice is so easy and so yummy, it must be the way Todd is going
through it. It tastes just like the biscuits which I have made many
times, but the best thing about this is less stuffing around!
Honey Jumble Slice
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp mixed spice
2 tsp ginger
2 tbs of honey
1 tsp bicarb soda
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups icing sugar
2 tbs hot water (approx)
pink food coloring (optional)
1. Melt butter and honey in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil and remove from heat. Add bicard soda and sit to cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl sift flour, ginger and mixed spice. Add brown sugar. Make a well in the centre and add the honey/butter mixture and the egg.
3. Mix until ingredients are well combined. Press mixture into a baking pan.
4. Cook for 18-20 minutes in a 180 degree celsius oven. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
5. Mix icing sugar and to make a smooth icing. Add extra water or icing sugar as needed. Tint icing sugar pink and spread on top of cooled slice.
6. Slice and enjoy!
(I of course doubled the recipe and cooked it in a lamington tin) It worked perfect
and would freeze really well. Definatly one I will be adding to my oft baked list.