Wednesday 7 July 2010

Yummo - Melting Moments

Well this is another huge favourite in our house, the biggest reason

for John is I can easily substitute gluten free flour and they taste

exactly the same! I have to say I have been good and have not

been touching them, but I will admit I had a smidgen of the vanilla

cake that I made for the boys. (forgot to take a photo)

Will have to make it again so I can post the recipe and have a

photo to go with it!


Recipe for Melting Moments taken from Woman's Weekly The Big Book of

Beautiful Biscuits



250g (8oz's) butter

1/3 cup icing sugar

1 1/2 cups plain flour (I use Gluten Free)

1/2 cup cornflour



Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add sifted flours and mix

well. Put mixture into piping bag fitted with fluted tube. Pipe rosettes

on to a lightly greased oven tray, bake in a moderate oven 10-12 minutes

until pale golden brown. Cool on wire rack. Join biscuits with lemon

cream.



Lemon Cream

60g (2oz) butter

1/2 cup icing sugar

1 teaspoon grated lemon rind

3 teaspoons lemon juice



Beat butter until smooth, gradually add sifted icing sugar, beat until

mixture is light and creamy. Beat in lemon rind and juice.



Note :- I have made these in the past without the piping bag as I

did not have one, I just put teaspoonfuls on tray. I don't use

a greased tray I just put Gladbake on my tray. I don't sift as I

am too lazy and the lemon icing is nice but I have made these

without the lemon and just added water instead.

The recipe says it makes 30 complete but I am lucky if I can

get 20, maybe mine are too big, I don't know, but I always

double the recipe. They are also great to freeze!

No comments: