Monday 12 November 2007

Some photo's

Fianlly as promised here is a copy of the cards we made at Karen's workshop a week or so ago. I had such a great night and it has made me so hooked on cardmaking again.

I had to order the tree set after this night as I really fell in love with it while making this card. It gives such a fresh and crisp image, and the uses for it are endless! I am so hooked, I want them all, but have to put them on my wish list, and slowly work my way through it. LOL


Might be good Karen's going as everytime I see her cards or have some time stamping with her I want another set. Just joking Karen, wish I had of met you 9 months ago.


On this night we made the angel card using Thick Utee and then cracking it. I had used this medium years ago making tiles, but hadn't touched it for years. So after the other night the ideas were rolling around in my head as to what stamps I had and how I could use it. I used my Snow time set for one and at the moment it would have to be my favourite card.


The card is a trifold card. it was made on leather look card that I had but is the same colour as the SU Buckaroo Blue. The picture was backed with chocolate and marigold morning.


Here is a close up of the utee square.


The tag was done with the SU punch and a split pin put in the corners. I have a lot more ideas with using the utee, now I need to find the time.


The next card I stamped a single image of the reindeer, snowman and xmas tree then used the SU cirlce punch. I then coloured them and uteed and cracked them. I then made the cards up using the SU Christmas Tyhme paper that's on special at the moment. The Seasons Greetings was embossed in gold embossing powder, but went black, I think my gold is too old, I haven't used it for almost 2 years. This happened with my last lot as well. Only the gold for some reason! Anyway here's the card.



Doesn't show the utee very well.


Here is a close up of the circles.


2 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

Kristy, you have been busy. Love all the different styles and techniques you have used here! The Lovely As a Tree set is one of the very first I bought when I got hooked on SU whilst in the US in 1994. I love it to bits!! Great cards!!

Nardi said...

Kristy -
I love the crackled effect. I think I'm going to have to give that a try.
Thanks for sharing.