Wednesday 20 August 2008

And this is what I have been up to lately!

Well over a period of a couple of weeks, sneaking a minute in here and there!

To send along with the new mini catalogue I have made some card fronts
with either some of the stamps they have purchased from me or some of
the stamps from the new catalogue.

This is a card that I cased from my upline Kim Gavarra, Kim sent this
card to me when I first started and I loved the simplicity of the card.
I thought it would be a great one to send to my customers as most of
them are beginner stampers. This card is made using the crosshatch
background stamp and the Simple somethings stamp set, I've coloured
it with the pastels and used the crimper.

This one is a replica of the last one, just using different colours and
the different stamp.

This one I have made before and I loved it. It is quite simple to make.
I love this froggy set, it is so cute. The green card I embossed first. I coloured
it using my Tombow pens, (yeah I finally got my Stampin'Up ones the other
day, it is great to have pens that match and most of my Tombows have just
about run out!), I used some of the 1/2 inch grossgrain ribbon and the punch
called Spring flower bouquet. Stamp Set used was Unfrogettable.

Here is a close up of the folded up
version.
This fits perfectly into an envelope.

This is a card I cased from Marelle Taylor. I am not really happy with it as the wording stamped crooked and Marelle used River Rock ink on
the background swirl. Which I didn't have, so used I think from Memory Certainly Celery with Olive in front and Purely Pomegranate on the card and flowers.Stamp set used was Baroque Motifs.

This card was made with the Simply Said set which I really like, and was one of the first sets I bought when I first signed up with SU. But I have never used it until now!!!!
A friend bought it off me as one of her first sets so I thought I would whip up
a couple of demo cards out of it. I really love the simplicity in how this one turned
out and it really appeals to me. I reallllly love Groovy Guava. One funny thing with
this card is I used a SU pop up glue dot and it keeps melting, which means the heart
keeps slipping down. LOL so don't put your pop dots near a window!


This one was made using the same set but using up scraps. I used a strip of DP
paper Petals and Paisleys. The background was used with a flower stamp
from the set and some flowers punched out using the Spring Bouquet
punch. I used a little piece of scrap ribbon down the bottom. Next
time the writing needs to be in a darker colur.
This little card is a fold out card using the DP Summer Picnic and the Stamp
Set Tart and Tangy from the Spring Mini Cattie. You know I nearly didn't
order this set as I first thought you would be limited in your use of it. But
after seeing it on a few blogs and SCS, I started getting a few ideas,
especialliy for christmas presents.
I stamped the apple
and strawberry using
my SU pens in Real Red,
Glorious Green and
Close to Cocoa. As you
can see they were then stuck
onto circles from the circle
punches (not very well by
the look of this photo) and
then onto the Scallop Circle
which I love!
The one with the strawberry
was raised for a bit of dimension.
The fruit was then covered in
crystal effects to make it stand out.


This is the card folded out. The wording on the card is using the Sweet
Serendipity set from the new spring mini cattie.

And last but not least is this one using the Tart and Tangy set and the DP
Summer Picnic. Is it just me but does anyone else hate that the paper is double sided. I find it hard to use my DP as it is as it's all so beautiful but then >have to cut through and hide the stuff on the back, is so hard. Why can't
it all be put on one sided? One more quick bitch, this set all cuts out p
perfectly with the 1 1/4 inch circle punch, except the cherries. What 'a shame, they just do not quite make it. I love this card IRL as it is bright and cheery, just didn't photograph real well on that day as was dark'and windy.
'Whew! That was quite a big blog session for me, hope you all enjoy
the new cards.

No comments: