Tuesday 24 March 2009

A mistake I love

While my sister was here I made some cards with her using the Crayon
Resist technique, and we had a little strip left that we were trying to put
into a card.
I had this great idea in my head, and this background is what I came
up with. We stamped the background of the card (Chameo Coral)
with Certainly Celery, then coloured the flowers, etc with pastels.
But when we put the CR piece of card on it just looked so wrong
and too busy, so the base card was put aside.
So as we kept stamping the base card kept catching my eye, I just
had to do something with it. So I got the very vanilla and punched
out the oval and stamped the flower and leaves from the SU set Flower
Fest and Best Wishes from the Short and Sweet set, backed the cream
with brocade blue and put a Brocade Blue ribbon on it.

Walla! This is what I finished up with. IRL the colours are
so much prettier.

And from a reject I was pretty happy with the finished card.

No comments: