Monday 11 May 2009

Get Well Card for Aunty Biddy

My husband's Auntie Biddy is going into theater today for a quadruple
bypass, so I thought I would make a card for her. I have been wanting
to have a go at the Faux Silk technique for some time, which is dead easy,
so thought this would be the perfect time. As you can
see I used the Embrace Life set from SU. It's really pretty
this set but I haven't used it much, especially the big
flower, I think it's a hibiscus, or maybe a frangipenni, not quite sure,
anyway I love how it turned out. I stamped the leaves
with Stazon onto the tissue paper then coloured with
Green Galore Pen. I then glued this to Whisper
White card then mounted it on GG Card and WW Card.

The DSP is from some of last years papers in a mini called
Ginger Blossom. The rest is pretty straight forward
the flowers were coloured then a pearl
put in the centre of each. The thinking of you was
stamped on whisper white and cut out with the oval punch
then backed with Regal Rose and
the Label Punch. The ribbon was Regal Rose.

Here's a close up of the Faux Silk and flowers.

It is always fun to have
a go at something new.

I actually had a go at a few techniques yesterday, so keep checking in
over the next few days with what I've come up with.

TFL!
luv,
Kristy

No comments: