Sunday 31 May 2009

2 Challenges in 1

Well it's been awhile, talk about time
starved. I have been so
unbelievably
busy and this week is going to be just
as bad, so my regular blog checkers
please be patient with me.
This card was to get 2 challenges done
at once. Leah Weir has a colour
challenge using Tangerine Tango, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss
Whisper White and Regal Rose.
Makeesha Byl has a Sketch Challenge going.
And here is my entry..............

This is the first time I have used this set, and I am really happy with
the way it turned out.

I loved the colours that Leah chose, but I must admit the Regal Rose
had me stumped, it just seemed off with the rest of them, bit hard to
tell in the photo, but I ended up sponging the edges of each flower with
the Regal Rose.
I actually sponged all of the colours onto the stamp, as all of the new
ones don't have pens and it was the only way I could think of to get
the different colours onto the stamp.
The Kiwi Kiss and the Tangerine Tango around the edge have both
been stamped with the grass stamp from the Inspired by Nature set
in Kiwi Kiss, I just felt that it needed it to finish it off. The whisper
white has been backed with the Riding Hood Red and the flower has
as well and then it was also backed with the Tangerine Tango.
I then used the Kiwi Kiss ribbon across the card with a bit of twine
to break the Kiwi Kiss.
Thank you Leah and Makeesha for your challenge.
TFL,
luv
Kristy

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kristy,
Thanks for playing along. That is a great stamp set. That's very clever of you to sponge the colours onto the stamp. Well done.

Thanks again :)

Ilse Vargas said...

Great use of the sketch, it's a very nice card!

Anonymous said...

Very nice Kristy! Very clever idea

keesh said...

OH Kristy, this is adorable, I love how you have changed the sketch around a little, and spotlighted that flower! Very clever! Thanks so much for playing! Love Keesh x

Lisa R said...

This is so lovely, I love how you spotlighted the flower and the colours are beautiful.