swap which stands for Artists trading Card, hence they are only the size
of a trading card, like a baseball card or in Australia over the years they
had cricket and football. I find it hard to do these as used to working on
a larger canvas so to speak, but the idea of them mainly I think is to swap
without using so much of your card.
Well January swap above is using the technique poppin pastels, and I was
racking my brain which stamp set to use for this technique and my mind
kept coming back to upsy daisy, and I'm happy I did, I gotta say it looks
so much prettier IRL. Stamp onto your white card with Versamark
ink then sponge with the pastel colour of your choice using of course
your pastels! After I did that I sewed the white to the regal rose
and then stuck it to old olive. The butterflies where in summer sun
and regal rose.
The February technique was Burnt Batik Background. This is
definitely one I needed to think about as never had done it before
and was a little nervous of doing it, but after the first go it was
really easy. Not sure if the stamp I used for background is what
they recommend, cause when I looked it up they recommended a
stamp with more area on it, but being that it was only for an ATC
I thought this one, the moon and stars from the set Bundle
of Joy which is one of my favourites but is now retired,was
perfect. Colour wise I wanted to get away from what you would
normally put with moon and stars and go with something bright
and different, I think I accomplished that! Summer Sun and Pink
Passion, very bright indeed. The rocket is from the set Pun Fun.
All mounted onto Summer Sun which I corrugated and then that was
mounted onto pink Passion.
After I finished stressing over these and finally got down and did it,
they were quite easy and it was great to have fun with a new technique!
Hope the recipients enjoy them.