Saturday 1 May 2010

Anzac Day

Now I know I should have posted this post on Anzac Day, but to tell you the
truth we were actually working all day and sort of lost that Anzac feel,which
I was feeling bad about, so late that afternoon I thought I would whip up
some Anzac biscuits to show I was remembering the Anzacs.



These biscuits are a real favourite in our house and the original recipe is a
Woman's Weekly recipe. I have made this recipe for many years and it doubles
and triples perfectly. I usually always double it and freeze some.

You need:


1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup coconut
125g butter
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1/2 teaspoon bi-carbonate soda
1 tablespoon boiling water

Combine oats, sifted flour, sugar and coconut. Combine butter and
golden syrup and stir over gentle heat until melted. (I just stick it
in the microwave until the butter is melted). Mix soda with boiling
water, add to melted butter mixture and stir through dry ingredients.
Now this is where I change the mixture I add about 2-3 tablespoons of water
extra, and just stir it through well, the mixture is a lot stickier
than usual, but I love my Anzacs chewy and not rock hard, and every
one seems to love them like this, they usually can't stop at one.
Take teaspoonfuls of mixture and place on lightly greased oven trays
allow room for spreading. Cook in a slow oven 20 mins. This is
where I do it different as well as I cook them in a mod-high oven
for about 5 to 10 mins just need to keep an eye on them and when
they turn golden they are ready.
I have been known to add crushed mixed nuts to the recipe as well.
Yum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the hints with this receipt. Tried it with the extra water and what a hit it was with the family. KarenC