Thursday 18 August 2011

Mmmmm Pikelets - Gluten Free as well.



I LOVE PIKELETS!
Especially with strawberry jam and cream.

I found this recipe, which is so easy, I made 2 batches
one using gluten free flour and one using normal flour.

I was amazed how beautiful they come up using the SR Flour,
normally it is hard to get a rise out of any food using this flour,
but these came up perfect.

I ended up making extra and freezing them so I could just
grab them and zapp them in the microwave when needed.

Recipe below.



PIKELETS

1 cup self-raising flour

2 tablespoons caster sugar

1 egg, beaten lightly

3/4 cup (180ml) milk, approximately


Combine flour and sugar in medium bowl, gradually whisk in egg and enough milk to make a thick, smooth batter. Drop dessertspoons of mixture into greased heavy-base pan; cook until bubbles begin to appear on surface of pikelet, turn, brown other side.


Enjoy!

No comments: