Saturday 16 May 2009

A Bundle of Joy...

Friends of ours had a baby boy a couple of weeks ago, Eli Samuel
and I wanted to make a card to put with the gift we gave them.
I received one of these slide cards from Sharon Turnbull in a swap
lately and thought it would be the perfect time to give it a go with
the baby card.

As you can see I used the alphabet wheel in Bashful Blue Ink on the
bashful Blue card. The pull out tag was done in Buckroo Blue and
also stamped in this colour and for the ribbon I used the stitched
Choc Chip and tied it with a bit of twine.

I used the Giraffe from the retired SU Bundle of Joy set, which seems
to always be the one I drift towards when I have a baby card to do.
Now I have the Pun Fun set now, so might have to have a play with
that for baby cards. The giraffe was coloured using the blender pen
and chalks. I masked the giraffe, then used my print blocks spatter
stamp in Certainly Celery.


When the card slides up the Certainly Celery is underneath and I
stamped this with the Happy New Baby stamp which was in the
retired from last years catalogue hostess set For a Friend. I also
coloured this with the pastels.

No comments: